Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Reflections On My Progress...

The FOSSils have been attempting to submit our first documentation fix.  Unfortunately, it is not going too well.

First of all- wrapping our head around Git has been embarrassingly difficult.  But at least we are learning now and not later,  right?!

While the Django community is great and there is always someone to help, we can't seem to write documentation that they approve of.  So as a team, we have been discussing moving on to an actual bug.  I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, but at this point we are sick of Django documentation and maybe finding a solution for an "easier" bug will be more straight forward than their documentation.  It is a bit disheartening- Django seems to have an overwhelming amount of contributors and I kind of feel like we're in the way- but we're just going to have to try harder to help.

Also another ticket that I recently signed up to "own" was fixed 12 hours ago...so that was a fun surprise.

Future plans:
We are looking for another ticket- an actual bug that we could fix *fingers crossed*.  Earlier Tim (a Django core developer) offered to have a video conference with us- I think we might try and meet with him Friday before our SPRING BREAKKKKKK!  And we might have a team meeting over break- I like hanging out with my FOSSils- so it won't upset me too much.

Here are tickets we are considering:  22079, 22078, 22056.


No comments:

Post a Comment