Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Reflections on my progress and plans

On Friday Team FOSSils met to discuss the planning of the poster and looked at examples of what an abstract entails.  We discussed what layout and design we want for the poster.  As far as content goes, we are unsure what exactly we want to include on our poster and which bug fixes we wish to highlight.
We spent part of the meeting discussing what the Django colors are (a very productive use of time).  We want to use their color scheme for our poster.  The dispute was ended when Bobby used the eyedropper tool to tell us exactly what shade of orange and green were being used on their website.  I do want to mention that I was indeed on the winning side of this dispute.  #winning

We submitted yet another ticket fix: #22323, but it was not accepted and the ticket was closed by one of the core developers.  We have also been considering #22161, we are planning on speaking with one of the core developers regarding inconsistent return types.  We shall see.

Tomorrow is Tech After 5, my whole group has RSVP'd so we're ready to get in there and network.  My sister will also be joining us and Diana from the 8AM 462 class will also be there, so we should have a nice little group.

For future meetings, we need to lock down the content of our poster and start fine tuning what we wish to include.

This semester has literally flown by.  I will be on a plane destined for SE Asia in approximately 6 weeks.  SIX WEEKS.  What?!?!  I have only bought my ticket there and back, everything else...I'm just gonna wing it.  I'll be "winging it" for SEVEN adventure filled weeks.  I. Cannot. Wait.  And if I do feel like making some extra cash, I have been approved to "work remotely" for my internship.  Maybe this is what my future looks like?  Traveling to exotic places while working remotely?  One can only hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment